Powered by Blogger.
RSS

The Dancing Teacher

Why teaching? A simple questions an interviewer once asked.  I am a Pure Science-term student back in high school,   Bachelor Degree in Geology, A Dedicated Dancer and the only working experience i had is an Assistant Statistician for 2 years.  Most of my co-curricular activity involve around dancing.  Dancing-Geology- Statistic-Teaching? And majoring in Social science?...  That's called mismatched combination. I know right!


My answer is just one. Confident! Thanks to this type of arts, i came to love myself more than i ever knew.  All the adrenaline rush before going on stage, forget everything and just dance, and leaving the dance floor knowing you have all the routine rite.  Is a very good feeling. Burst my confident level higher.  To some this may seems nothing, but to some, major satisfaction. Why? let me tell you why...


     Truthfully, i once a nerd. I dress sloppy, big shirt, man slippers, bad skin complexion, and a fashion disaster.  Remembering one function in UKM few years  back when i was still student then, where's Najib (The Prime Minister was still Menteri Pertahanan back then) commented my outfit.  He said "Make up dah lawa, baju dah cantik cume kasut jer tak match.".hahaha.. Make up ? what i wear on that time is orange kebaya, purple smudged eyeshadow with no eyeliner, pink blusher and bright red lipstick. And the shoes? i don't wanna talk about the shoes.  I wonder where's on earth i get that shoe? hmm...No matter how my appearance look like, i always have those little girls dream. To beautiful, to be accepted, to be outstanding and to be happy.  Until i dance. 


So from my point of view, its okay for student learn to dance. They gain confident. They learned skills. They learned that there's more to life than just academic.  I am a dancing teacher.  I am a committed teacher in school and a dedicated dancer during the holidays.  Some may take me lightly because i am not that typical educator.  Thus, i believe i brought colour to the school.   Like they said, "Life isn't about waiting the storm to passed, it is about learning to dance in the rain.".... 

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blogged.my